How to Map A Network to Taylor Shared Files - University Common (Windows)
Finding a folder within a file network share:
- Open File Explorer
- On the left, scroll down to University Common (U:)
- You will see the folders you have access to - if you do not see the folder, please try mapping the network. Directions are below.
Map a Network Drive
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar or the Start menu, or press the **Windows logo key ** + E.
- Select This PC from the left pane. Two Ways:
- Then, on the File Explorer ribbon, select **More ** > Map network drive.
- Right Click This PC > Click Map Network Drive
- In the Drive list, select a drive letter. (Any available letter will do.)
- In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or computer or select Browse to find the folder or computer.
- Ex. \\filesrv\UniversityCommon\thefolderyouneed
- Note: You will need to know the specific file pathway. If you cannot find it, you might to check with IT if you have access to that specific folder.
- Select Finish.
Note: If you are off campus, please use the Taylor VPN.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!